Step 1: Login to phpMyAdmin
cPanel: (Shared, Reseller, SEO, Linux Dedicated, VPS with cPanel)
Login to cPanel
- Click on the phpMyAdmin button in the Databases section.
- Plesk 10: (Windows Shared, Windows Dedicated, VPS with Plesk)
Login to Plesk
- Click on the Websites & Domains tab.
- Click on the Databases icon.
- Click on the database you want to manage.
- Click on the Webadmin icon.
Step 2: Optimize Tables
- Select the database you want to optimize from the list in the left column, which should take you to the "structure" tab for the database.
- Select the tables you wish to optimize by checking the check box in front of each one, or clicking on Select All if you want to optimize all of them.
- On the drop down box that says "with selected..." select "Optimize Table." This will optimize the table and take you to a new screen.